TORONTO HALF-DAY PHOTO WORKSHOP
SUNRISE OR SUNSET 5-HOUR TORONTO PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Enjoying the sunrise as a rower passes under the Humber River bridge on their way in to the city
This photography workshop is all about capturing the beauty and excitement of Toronto. For five hours, you will experience shooting sunrises or sunsets, street photography, patterns of light on buildings and many other situations that offer a range of subjects and experiences.
This is not a "tour" where we visit shops and museums. This is a photography workshop where you will learn to shoot under various lighting and weather conditions while improving your skills, having fun, exploring the city and meeting new friends.
What you will learn during this photography workshop, you be able to use at any place you visit in the future. Consider it a master class on documenting a city.
SUNRISE? SUNSET? YOU CHOOSE!
This is a 5-hour photography workshop which covers many iconic landmarks and fun places to photograph in Toronto. Whether you are in the city for business or pleasure, I want to show you Toronto through a different lens.
You have two choices for this experience. You can choose to start early, before the sun rises to capture the beauty of the city waking up or start later and end with the sun going down. If you are in the mood for a bit of night photography, we can do that too! I know just the spots that will add some cool images to your photos of the city.
• I only take small groups on these unique photo workshops. Numbers max out at three people for maximum flexibility and instruction.
• One thing you will need is a sturdy tripod. If you do not have a tripod, one can be rented for the duration of the tripod for $15. With a tripod you will be able to capture long exposure beauty shots of the city at the ends of the day.
• This opportunity is open to all ages and skill levels, however, it must be stated that this is not a workshop where one learns to use their camera, you must have a working knowledge of your camera's basic functions.
• When necessary, we will stop for a quick meal to keep you fuelled during the workshop. Food is not included in the workshop price.
• In case of inclement weather, we will photograph at locations that will offer some cover from the elements. It must be noted however that photography in inclement weather is rich in visuals and experience. Workshops proceed regardless of weather.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR WORKSHOP
• Vehicle transportation after pickup, between shoot locations and before drop-off.
• One-on-one and group instruction when needed from Spencer Wynn.
• Sunrise and sunset locations chosen for the conditions of the day.
• A sunrise or sunset location and other shooting locations that will give you a chance to experiment and test your photography skills while exploring the streets of Toronto.
• Pickup and drop-off at a designated location in downtown Toronto.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR WORKSHOP
• A tripod, which is essential for low light morning and night shooting.
• Meals are not included.We will eat at restaurants that are reasonably priced and chosen for their cultural diversity to give you a taste of this vibrant city.
• Rainwear and umbrellas are not included.
WHAT TO BRING
• Your camera, memory cards and extra batteries. Choose only what you need for half a day of shooting. In most cases you will not need a long telephoto lens. A moderately wide lens or shallow zoom will be all you need. Think in terms or 10mm – 50mm as the range for this workshop. You will be happy to travel light!
• Sturdy walking shoes or boots are a good idea. Though it is easy walking, there will be occasions where the ground may be uneven.
• A tripod is recommended for pre-sunrise and post sunset times. A good folding tripod is best. After or before the tripod is needed, you can leave them in the trunk of the car so you can walk about more freely.
• Clothing appropriate to the day's weather conditions.
Location: Workshops begin and end behind Toronto City Hall where a path from the back of the City Hall meets Chestnut Street. This is chosen as it is a place I can wait by the car. You may also park underground, below City Hall from that location.
Dates: Workshops are offered on Saturdays and Sundays as well as some weekdays. Please see times available on this page.
Workshop Leader: Spencer Wynn
Price: $225 plus tax in Canadian dollars ($253.60). Payment made through e-transfer, cash or Paypal. Payment is to be made in full after registration and when space is available. Please check for availability.
Participants: Vehicle allows for three people for a comfortable experience. The workshop will only proceed when two participants are booked. One personal may book the workshop as a single for $450 plus tax ($508.50).
Cancellation Policy: Participant spots are non-refundable but are transferrable (i.e. if the participant is able to find someone else to take their spot and can sell/transfer the spot to a new participant, this is acceptable). Although extremely unlikely, Spencer Wynn reserves the right to cancel the trip at any time for a variety of reasons (i.e. if a minimum number of participants is not met). In the unlikely event of a cancellation, money will be refunded to participants.
A visual journalist for over 30 years, Spencer has been documenting human interest stories, major news events and the struggles & triumphs of the human spirit.
As a photographer, educator and speaker, Spencer has lectured and conducted workshops in China, Europe, United States and Canada.
Spencer is a brand ambassador for Fujifilm and as such has explored many international locations, testing cameras and lenses which feeds his curiosity which he will share with you.
Spencer was born and raised in Toronto and has great stories and insight into this vibrant city. You will enjoy your time going through some of the more interesting parts of the city, photographing unique views and subject. Spencer is always happy to show you the city he knows so well.